There are three ways to go about having a TMMi assessment conducted:
1. Service Providers
Through accredited or Service Providers… (See here for the full list)
- TMMi Accredited Service Provider have their own TMMi Accredited Assessment Method
- TMMi Recognized Service Provider are using the TMMi Assessment Method, (TAM), developed and provided by the TMMi Foundation
Both types of Assessments Service Providers are using independently vetted and accredited assessors
Some advantages of using Accredited or Recognized Service Providers are:
- Guaranteed use of an assessment model validated and approved by the TMMi Foundation
- Experience has been gained from other assessments
- Lead Assessors have been accredited by the TMMi Foundation based on their experience
- Cheaper Total Cost of Ownership because of their experience
- Their ability based on previous assessment to provide expert guidance for improvements implementation
- They may have tools sets / frameworks to assist in improvements after an assessment to reduce time and cost of improvements
2. Self Assessment Using a Accredited Assessment Method
This option involves becoming at least a TMMi Accredited Assessor (by acquiring the necessary training qualifications and skill) in order to license from the Foundation or Accredited Service provider a TMMi Foundation accredited assessment method.
Formal assessments require:
See About TMMi Assessment Method pages for further details and costs
* Licencing a TMMi Foundation accredited Assessment Method from an Accredited Service Provider, will require you to attend their specific assessor training. Contact the Accredited Service Providers directly for details of licensing terms, cost and support given.
3. Self Assessment without an Accredited Assessment Method
The TMMi model is freely available to download to enable you to study it and to use it as a guide for your own assessment approach. The resulting process improvement may not be as detailed or accurate as using an accredited and proven assessment method.