TMMi is the test improvement and maturity model used by organizations to improve their test processes and to compare their maturity against. Implementing the recommendations of the assessment enables organizations to derive many benefits and advantages, particularly around reducing risk, cost and time whilst improving the quality of software which meets the needs of the business.
A very large number of TMMi assessments have been conducted worldwide. Examples of improvements reported, include the following:
- 40% savings made after changes made to ensure certification to TMMi Level 3, for a government department
- A bank saved 8% of their entire IT budget and improved development output by 12%
- An insurance company reported a saving of £440,000 on a £2m project
- A retailer saves at least 12% on every project after the improvements were deployed
- A test services company increased their test efficiency by 8%
- An embedded software company improved their defect detection rate from 78% to 96% during a 4 year period moving from maturity level 1 to 3.
For further information on benefits, please refer to the Case Studies section.