TMMi assessments, either informal or formal, are typically performed to.
- Determine how well the organization’s test processes compare to TMMi best practices, and identify areas where improvements can be made
- Inform external customers and suppliers about how well the organization's test processes compare to TMMi best practices. Demonstrate to the market the test capability of the organization using independently accredited assessors
- Assuring a test process is available at a certain capability level with the outsource partner, that meets the needs of the outsourcing organization
- Meet customer contractual requirements.
A TMMi assessment enables your organization to:
- Plan for a test improvement strategy for your organization to prioritize the most important improvements alligned with business drivers
- Demonstrate to customers and business partners the capability of test processes by having the assessments results available on the TMMi website site (with formal assessments only)
- Determine the TMMi levels that represent how the organization’s test processes conform to the TMMi.