Holders of the Certified TMMi test process improver qualification have demonstrated competence and knowledge in four key areas:
- The TMMi Model
- Testing processes, roles and practices
- Process improvement
- Process assessments
Competence and knowledge is demonstrable through achieving industry-recognized certification.
TMMi Model (including process improvement)
Hold the TMMi professional certificate
Testing processes, roles and practices
Hold two ISTQB certificates, or equivalent, other than the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level. This could be any of the Advanced Level modules or a module from the Agile or Specialist streams.
Process assessment knowledge and skills can be demonstrated in various way, including:
- holding accredited TMMi Assessor or TMMi Lead Assessor status
- holding accredited SCAMPI (Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement) Appraiser or Lead Appraiser status
- holding the ISTQB Expert Level Improving the Testing Process – Part 1: Assessing Test Process certificate
- attended an assessor course with a TMMi accredited Assessment Service Providers
- attended an assessor course on the TMMi Assessment Method (TAM)
- assisted, for at least 24 hours, with an informal TMMi assessment lead by an accredited TMMi assessor, or a formal TMMi assessment led by an accredited TMMi lead assessor.